Monsoon is here!
Monsoon calls for a little extra care for our babies. Here are a few tips to make sure they remain healthy and happy!
- During rainy season you must dry your pet after every wet walk or rain. You can also use raincoats and boots.
- Monsoon affects your pets’ exercise thus provide them with fiber rich food. Do not allow over eating.
- Groom your pet regularly to maintain their beautiful coat. Clean their ears as moisture collects in the inner sides of the ear which leads to ear infections.
- Keep your pets’ surroundings neat and clean and do not allow fleas and ticks to infect your pets.
- During the monsoon season along with healthy diet give your pets filtered water, it saves pets from stomach infections.
- Some pets feel anxiety and might get scared in such weather. Comfort your pet and make them feel relaxed.
- Focus more on indoor exercises.
- De-worming and vaccination will boost immunity and help your pet to fight diseases.
- Dogs’ paw pads sweat and as they walk on wet roads and sidewalks, dampens their paws. Clean your dog’s paws and toes every time to protect them from infections.
Not to forget our friends on the road. Here is what you can do to make sure the homeless are safe in this season.
Monsoons prove to be fatal for these babies on the road. Be kind not them. They are the ones who suffer the most. So let’s start from today!
- Provide temporary roof or shelter around your house who struggle to find cover. You can start by letting them in your garage, balconies, staircase area, etc.
- Open your gates and door and let them in on temporary basis.
- Build a temporary shelter in public parks or in your locality. Rubber tires and cardboard boxes can used to do the same.
- Reach out to animal experts for help if you see any stray who is injured or sick.
- Donate to your local animal shelters.